This morning, while I heard the neighbours scraping the ice from their car windows and I made a nice hot coffee for myself, I checked Strawberry’s Monday Meme and yay: it is about winter! You can find her questions and answers here, and do not forget to check out the comments in which you will find what others made of it :)
1. What is the December/Winter season like where you live?
I live in The Netherlands and December is indeed in the Winter season, but with our climate this can mean a white Christmas, a very cold Christmas, a mild Christmas (17 degrees C has happened), a dull and rainy Christmas (most common). Today it is 5 degrees and sunny, but according to our weatherman snow and ice is coming by the end of the week. This does not mean it will happen, rain is probably all we get.
2. When you think of winter, what’s the first thing that pops into your head?
zOMG: I totally forgot to make an appointment with the garage for my winter tyres…*runs off to arrange that.
OK. I am back. My car will get her winter tyres Saturday! Phew!
3. Have you ever played any extreme winter sports?
Hm. When I was a Lil Caity I used to participate in long distance Ice Skating tours, on the canals and rivers when frozen. I have been to the Swiss and French Alps for skiing, but the Red and Black Pistes where extreme enough for me. Adding that the Black one I ended up by mistake and I did the descent on my belly, head first and screaming all the way down. The rest of that vacation I spent on a deck chair in the sun, drinking hot chocolate with lots of rum.
4. What do you like most about this season?
Hot Chocolate with rum! But serious, I love it when the canals and rivers are frozen to go ice-skating on a sunny day. (I am not such a die hard who likes to get her eyes and nose frozen off by wind and snow-storms).
5. Do you celebrate Christmas, Hannukkah, Kwanzaa or another holiday during this time of year?
Of all celebrations it would be Christmas, I do get a tree and have some decorations and will get some nice food/snacks. And a nice bottle of Whiskey, but that is about it. The whole thing with Christmas-presents and such goes past me and I do not mind.
* Car by Haru Motors
* Pose and iPhone from Adorkable – Call Me
* Hair by Magika – Curious in blonde
* Jacket by Dirty Princess – Part of the Winter Babe outfit
* Pants by Cold Logic
* Pictures shot on location Binemist